InContext Users Guide
Browse to a Lingoport Instrumented Application
The reviewer navigates to an internationalized application with resource instrumented with Lingoport, where the resources (strings) have been translated to a target locale, e.g. French. Note: If you are using multiple screens, you may want to open Chrome this way:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1. --allow-file-access-from-files
Navigate to the section of the site covered by the QA pass showing the application in the locale to review, e.g. French. This may be a single page, a functionality, or the entire application, depending on the QA plan for the review.
When the reviewer finds strings which they believe should be translated differently:
- The reviewer highlights part of the strings (or many strings)
- The reviewer right clicks and select 'Lingoport InContext QA > Retranslate Selected Text ...'
- The reviewer enters the suggested translation to replace the current one and optionally a comment
- The reviewer clicks [OK] or [Cancel]
The reviewer can repeat these steps as many times as they want. Note the number of suggestions shows up on the Lingoport swirl of the Chrome Extension.
Send Suggestions to the Translation Team
- Click on the Lingoport swirl of the Chrome Extension (top right corner of Google Chrome)
- Select the suggestions to send
- Click 'Send'
- When files are sent to translation with retranslations, the associated reviewer gets notified via email
- When files are received from translation with retranslations, the associated reviewer gets notified via email
Persistence of Suggested Retranslations
Suggested retranslations are stored on the reviewer's local machine. The suggested retranslations are removed from storage once they are sent to the translation team.