Lingoport Suite Installation
- 1 Systems Configuration
- 2 IT Participation
- 3 Stack Installer
- 4 Hardware & Software Requirements
- 5 Access and Ports
- 6 Installation and Upgrade Order
- 7 Lingoport Customer Support
The conponents of the Lingoport Suite are covered in the Lingoport Suite Introduction section. That section should be reviewed before installation.
The Lingoport Suite can be configured in a variety of ways. The following describes our recommended configuration for a Continuous Globalization System, where both internationalization and localization progress is tracked, managed and displayed in an automated and reliable process.
Important Note : The Dashboard System and the Continuous Globalization system can be the same machine. This is the most frequent deployment scenario. It is recommended that this configuration be installed with the Stack Installer. The same machine can also host the Globalyzer Server.
To see more deployment scenarios, please refer to Deployment Scenarios . Make sure to choose a deployment scenarios with the IT department before starting the installation.
The customer IT group is very important to the successful deployment of the Lingoport applications. In particular, the IT group that sets up the Linux system must understand the usage model for the system. Lingoport requires a meeting with the parties responsible for setting up and maintaining the host system before installation can properly begin. The hope is that once the system is setup for installation, minimal IT interaction is necessary.
Preparations must be made with the IT team to ensure that all prerequisites are met before installation. For new installations, this is the recommended method to use to verify that all the various actors work together well.
Hardware & Software Requirements
The following sections describe the hardware and software requirements for each piece of the Lingoport Suite applications.
The following table lists the system specifications for installing the Globalyzer Server on a dedicated Linux machine. The disk size assumes that the database is also installed on the machine; it could be less if the database is on a separate server. If the server machine is running more than the Globalyzer Server, we recommend increasing CPU and memory.
|Memory||8 GB||16 GB|
|Disk||160 GB||500 GB|
The current versions of these software products can be found at: Current versions of Lingoport products and supporting applications
|Operating System||Linux, CentOS|
|Java Standard Edition||Java JDK|
Lingoport Continuous G11n Server
The current versions of these software products can be found at: Current versions of Lingoport products and supporting applications.
Access and Ports
Jenkins need to be accessible by Lingoport and customer personnel to configure jobs, check the console if any problem arise, run jobs if necessary. The Dashboard needs to be accessible by many actors, including customer development teams, management, and QA, Lingoport, Translation Vendors.
The following describes what needs to be open and accessible on the deployed system.
- Jenkins is accessed via port 8080
- Lingoport Dashboard is accessed via port 9000
- The Translation Vendor may be accessed by different means, for instance port 21 for FTP or port 22 for SFTP.
- Access for the Lingoport (or internal) installation team can be done in many ways, such as SSH for Telnet or Putty.
- The system must be able to access https://globalyzer.com.
- The system must be able to access the code repository, such as http://github.com for instance.
- Jenkins installation requires access to the Jenkins update site, http://updates.jenkins-ci.org
- Dashboard may require access to the SonarQube update site, http://update.sonarsource.org
- Notifications are sent using an SMTP account: The system must allow access to an SMTP server (e.g. Google)
- For a Master/Slave configuration of Jenkins, see Node Installer.
Installation and Upgrade Order
Installing with the Stack Installer
Here are the installation steps.
- Get the Stack Installer zip file and put it on the new server in the home directory of a user with root access.
- Login to the console on the system as the user with root access.
- Unzip the Stack Installer zip file.
- A new machine might not have the
unzipcommand installed. To get the unzip command:
sudo yum install unzip
- A new machine might not have the
- Edit the configuration files to automate the process.
login-info.conf. Here is an example:
# Globalyzer Login details GLOBALYZER_USER="firstname.lastname@example.org" GLOBALYZER_PASS="abcdef" GLOBALYZER_SERVER_URL="https://www.globalyzer.com/gzserver/" # Server Address or IP - the server this is being installed on SERVER_URL_OR_IP="18.104.22.168" # Alternately "http://some.domain.com" # Lingoport/LRM MySQL user - probably doesn't need to be changed LINGOPORT_MYSQL_USER="lingoport" LINGOPORT_MYSQL_PASS="lingopwd" # Lingoport Dashboard MySQL user - probably doesn't need to be changed DASHBOARD_SONAR_USER="lingodashuser" DASHBOARD_SONAR_PASS="lingodashpass"
lrm-license.conf. This information should be supplied by Lingoport prior to installation
COMPANY_NAME="Acme" # e.g. DemoCo LRM_MAX_PROJECTS="10" # e.g. 5 LRM_LICENSE_EXPIRATION_DATE="2020-10-10" # e.g. 2018-01-01 LRM_LICENSE_KEY="123456789"
./full-install.sh. You may be prompted for some passwords.
- At this point, Jenkins and the Dashboard should be up and running. Go to Jenkins in a browser at
http://22.214.171.124:8080. All the scripts should be installed and the tabs created.
- Go to Dashboard in a browser
http://126.96.36.199:9000(This is the IP or URL supplied in login-info.conf).
- It might redirect to
http://188.8.131.52:9000/maintenance. In the URL, replace 'maintenance' with 'setup' and hit enter. There will be an 'Upgrade' button in the new page. Click on it, then select 'Go Home' when it completes. This should bring up the Dashboard with the javademo job.
- Login to the Dashboard with the Administrator user (admin). Initially the password is also 'admin'.
- It might redirect to
- To change your password after logging in, look for 'Administrator' on the top right. Click it then 'My Account'. There will be a 'Security' tab in the mid left of the page. This will open a page that allows you to change your password.
- To add additional Dashboard users, click on 'Administration' on the top middle of the page (this is different than 'Aministrator', which is on the right). Look for a 'Security' tab with a dropdown, then open the 'Users' page.
Installation is complete! To work with projects refer to On-Boarding New Projects
Manual installation and upgrade
The following is the manual method to install the Lingoport Suite.
The customer IT group needs to have decided on which deployment scenario to follow.
The Deployment Scenarios define and use several components
- The Globalyzer Server is where your Account and Rule Set information are stored. Lingoport provides the Globalyzer Server at www.globalyzer.com. However, depending on licensing, you may install the server on your own system.
- The Dashboard System is where you view internationalization and localization status of your projects in a sonar-powered dashboard. It contains the MySQL database for Dashboard as well as the scripts to start the Dashboard Server process.
- The Continuous Globalization system is where you install many of the Lingoport Suite applications. It is the heart of the installation, since this is where the automation occurs that keeps globalization status up-to-date. It needs to run the Dashboard client, Globalyzer client, and LRM scripts on the latest source code. The Dashboard scripts will call the Globalyzer Client to scan the source code for internationalization issues and will call LRM to check for localization status, and then it will push those results to the Dashboard Server. Jenkins is used to automate many of the operations.
- The individual Developer Machine is where you install Globalyzer Clients so that internationalization and localization issues can be addressed.
When you have decided on one of the Deployment Scenarios, be sure to follow this order:
- Install/Upgrade the Globalyzer Server if not using Lingoport's Globalyzer Server. Need link
- Install/Upgrade the Globalyzer Client and/or Workbench on the Continuous Globalization system Need link
- Install/Upgrade the Globalyzer Client and/or Workbench on the Developer Machine. Different clients may be installed on development machines depending on project responsibilities. Need link
- Install/Upgrade the LRM Server on the Continuous Globalization system
- Install/Upgrade the Dashboard Server on the Dashboard System.
- Install/Upgrade the Dashboard Client on the Continuous Globalization system.
Lingoport Customer Support
If you experience difficulties during the installation of the Lingoport Suite, please contact email@example.com.