Configuration for LingoBot is intended to be as simple as possible. All that is needed for this friendly chatbot to be ready for use are a few environment variables, all of which should be set in the LingoBot's configuration file:
Below is a template of the configuration file's contents. The file itself can be found under LingoBot's home directory in the config subdirectory, and is called `lingobot_config.sh`
# REQUIRED CONFIG VARIABLES export LINGOBOT_JENKINS_USERNAME=lingobot # default: lingobot export LINGOBOT_JENKINS_TOKEN= export LINGOBOT_JENKINS_DOMAIN= export LINGOBOT_DASHBOARD_TOKEN= export JENKINS_HOME=/var/lib/jenkins # default: /var/lib/jenkins export PORT=5001 # default: 5001 export LINGOBOT_ADAPTER= # Possible values: 'flowdock', 'slack', 'sparkwebhook' (Cisco Spark) # OPTIONAL CONFIG VARIABLES export LINGOBOT_JENKINS_PORT=8080 # default: 8080 export LINGOBOT_DASHBOARD_URL=$LINGOBOT_JENKINS_DOMAIN # default: same as jenkins domain export LINGOBOT_DASHBOARD_PORT=9000 # default: 9000 export LINGOBOT_NAME=LingoBot # default: LingoBot. This is the name to which lingobot will respond. # API TOKENS FOR ADAPTERS export HUBOT_FLOWDOCK_API_TOKEN= # required if LINGOBOT_ADAPTER is 'flowdock' export HUBOT_SLACK_TOKEN= # required if LINGOBOT_ADAPTER is 'slack' export CISCOSPARK_ACCESS_TOKEN= # required if LINGOBOT_ADAPTER is 'sparkwebhook' export CISCOSPARK_SECRET= # required if LINGOBOT_ADAPTER is 'sparkwebhook'. # NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING (BETA) export LINGOBOT_USE_NLP=false # If set to true, LingoBot will use NLP powered by wit.ai
Below, you will find instructions on how to obtain all of the necessary values to properly fill out this configuration file.
LingoBot Jenkins Setup
The first step in the configuration process is to create a Jenkins user which can LingoBot have access to. This is the primary mechanism that LingoBot uses to access the Lingoport product suite, so it is very important that the configuration is done correctly. Please follow these instructions closely for the best results!
- Navigate to your Lingoport Jenkins instance in a web browser (this is typically hosted on port 8080 of the Lingoport server).
- If an admin account has been configured, log in as the admin (otherwise no login is necessary) and click on the "Manage Jenkins" menu item on the left hand side of the window. (indicated by a small gear icon).
- If you don't see this menu item, this means the current account does not have administrative privileges.
- Click on "Configure Global Security", and on this page make sure that the following boxes are checked:
- Enable security
- Jenkins' own user database
- One of the authorization methods (preferably "Matrix-based security").
- IMPORTANT: If Matrix-based security is selected and no users have been configured yet, make sure that "Anonymous" has full privileges (all boxes next to Anonymous MUST be checked).