LingoBot MS Team Setup
This portion of the installation guide only applies if the collaboration environment you will be using is MS Teams. If you will be using either Flowdock or Cisco Spark or Slack, please skip to the corresponding setup instructions.
- Navigate to the Slack Bot Registration Page page. Create a Botframework Registration by completing the Bot Registration Page.
- On this page, you can set a custom icon for the bot under the "Upload custom icon" section. You can download the following icon and upload it, upload your own custom icon, or simply leave it blank.
- In the Display name field, enter the name that you would like LingoBot to respond to.
- By default, we recommend simply calling it "lingobot", however you're welcome to name it whatever you would like.
- If you do choose to call it something other than "lingobot", make sure that you set the LINGOBOT_NAME variable in the configuration file to whatever name you chose.
- Click Create Microsoft App ID and password. Store the created app id and app password for use later.
- Copy the created app id and past it into the LingoBot configuration file
(/var/lib/jenkins/lingoport/lingobot-<x.y>/config/lingobot_config.sh) next to the BOTBUILDER_APP_ID variable declaration.
Furthermore, make sure the LINGOBOT_ADAPTER variable is set to botframework.
- Copy the created app password and past it into the LingoBot configuration file
(/var/lib/jenkins/lingoport/lingobot-<x.y>/config/lingobot_config.sh) next to the BOTBUILDER_APP_PASSWORD variable declaration.
- Once this is done, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Register" to complete.
Once this is complete, the bot is now configured and ready to be installed! Follow the instructions below on running the installation script to finish the installation process.
Skip to the next step: Running The Installation Script