Localyzer Express is a GitHub application which allows for a near immediate translation of standard application resource files.
Resource files are used by internationalized applications to display user facing strings (such as user interface labels) in different locales (languages, country, variant). As an example, messages.properties, an English resource file, can be translated in French and Japanese, respectively messages_fr.properties and messages_ja.properties.
To use Localyzer Express:
- Install the Localyzer Express GitHub application for an organization and choose the respositories (or all) that you would like translated
- Configure each repository, choosing source and target locales, resource type, file naming conventions, repository branches to include and/or exclude, and resource directories to include and/or exclude.
Localyzer Express will then automatically machine translate target resource files as modifications to source resource files are committed to the repository.
Localyzer Express is a GitHub specific and streamlined version of the more fully fledged Localyzer.
Note: LocalyzerQA allows for post editing in a QA fashion translation from Localyzer Express
Supported Resource Files
The following resource file types are supported by Localyzer Express, provided they follow the standards:
- properties files
- resx files
- json files (no arrays allowed)
- Android strings.xml files
- iOS .strings files
Contact email@example.com for support of non standard and other file types, and other translation processes.
Adding the GitHub Localyzer Express Application
This should take a few minutes at most.
- Go to https://github.com/marketplace/localyzer-express
- Install the application
- Select which repositories to include (or select all repositories)
The next section details how to use the Localyzer Express configuration application.
Configuring the Automated Translation for one Repository
- Localyzer Express Repository Configuration
- Localyzer Express Repository Validation
- Localyzer Express Repository Translation
Translation Configuration Templates
Templates are saved configurations that can be reused when configuring repositories.