LRM Jenkins Configure System
This section assumes that the Jenkins home directory is /home/jenkins. On some systems, the Jenkins home directory is set to /var/lib/jenkins instead. Verify your home directory to follow the instructions below. For generality, <HOME> will be used in place of the actual directory.
To set the environment variables, select Jenkins and Manage Jenkins on the left. From there, select Configure System. On the configuration page, scroll down to the Global properties section and select Environmental variables.
The following are the name value pairs to add:
- LRM_HOME (e.g.: <HOME>/lingoport/lrm-server-x.x)
- DASHBOARD_HOME (e.g.: <HOME>/lingoport/dashboard-client-x.x)
If you are using TFS, add the TFS command line executable location to the PATH:
- $PATH (e.g.: PATH:/home/jenkins/team_foundation_server/TEE-CLC-12.0.2/ )
If you are using Git, rebasing is used to keep the branches up to date with master. However, if rebasing should not be used, you can set VCS_GIT_REBASE to FALSE:
- VCS_GIT_REBASE (The default is to rebase. If that is not the desired behavior, set VCS_GIT_REBASE to FALSE )
Configure Global Security
The minimal configuration would be to setup the configuration with:
- Jenkins' own user database and
- a matrix based security,
with the following privileges:
- anonymous have a set of very few privileges, if any.
- 'authenticated' the ability to run builds, and
- a few administration accounts with all privileges
Note: If you want to continue the configuration using scripts, you need to allow the Job/Read permission on anonymous users.