LingoBot MS Team Setup
This portion of the installation guide only applies if the collaboration environment you will be using is MS Teams. If you will be using either Flowdock or Cisco Spark or Slack, please skip to the corresponding setup instructions.
- Navigate to the Bot Registration Page page. Create a Botframework Registration by completing the Bot Registration Page.
- On this page, you can set a custom icon for the bot under the "Upload custom icon" section. You can download the following icon and upload it, upload your own custom icon, or simply leave it blank.
- In the Display name field, enter the name that you would like LingoBot to respond to.
- By default, we recommend simply calling it "lingobot", however you're welcome to name it whatever you would like.
- If you do choose to call it something other than "lingobot", make sure that you set the LINGOBOT_NAME variable in the configuration file to whatever name you chose.
- Click Create Microsoft App ID and password. Store the created app id and app password for use later.
- Copy the created app id and past it into the LingoBot configuration file
(/var/lib/jenkins/lingoport/lingobot-<x.y>/config/lingobot_config.sh) next to the BOTBUILDER_APP_ID variable declaration.
Furthermore, make sure the LINGOBOT_ADAPTER variable is set to botframework.
- Copy the created app password and past it into the LingoBot configuration file
(/var/lib/jenkins/lingoport/lingobot-<x.y>/config/lingobot_config.sh) next to the BOTBUILDER_APP_PASSWORD variable declaration.
- Once this is done, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Register" to complete.
- On the new opened My bots page, you will find your just created bot, under Connect to channels field, the Web Chat has been added as default. Click MS Teams icon under "Add a featured channel" to add MS Teams channel. And Save your changes.
- Installing App Studio for Microsoft Teams follow steps on this page.
- Once you are in App Studio, click on the Manifest editor tab. Click Create a new app.
- Click bot section, set up a bot then click Existing bot tab, type in your bot name and Select from one of your existing bots, then choose the bot you just created above.
- Create a Microsoft Teams app package (.zip) to upload in Teams. Click Test and distribute under Finish section, and click Download button to download the package file.
- Click Store button (left down at the Teams), click Upload a custom app (at left bottom). And upload the package file just created above.
Once this is complete, the bot is now configured and ready to be installed! Follow the instructions below on running the installation script to finish the installation process.
Skip to the next step: Running The Installation Script