LocalyzerQA Linguist Review
As a Linguist or as a Manager, follow the directives to review a running application translation and make corrections in LocalyzerQA.
Picking the Tasks to Execute
A Linguist (shown above) or a Manager can go to the Tasks page from the left panel and will see something like the image above. In this image:
- Sprint 7 - Registration Steps has not been assigned yet for the German review. The Linguist Lilianne can Claim this review to assign that task to herself.
- Sprint 8 - Welcome Page Updates has already been assigned to Lilianne.
To start Sprint 8, Lilianne clicks on Edit.
Executing a Task
The directive tell Lilianne how to proceed. Lilianne follows the directives to the application Lilianne is reviewing:
Lilianne already corrected the 3P0. She now wants to correct the Welcome message and remove "Internal". To do so, in LocalyzerQA:
- In Current: She enters the translation to be corrected, here "Willkommen bei Rebel Outfitters - Internal"
- In New: She enters the corrected string, here "Willkommen bei Rebel Outfitters"
- In Key: She needs to enter a key. To do so, she switches over to the Trackback Locale set in Localyzer, here "Interlingua"
The key and the original source locale text are shown, so Lilianne can verify what the original text was and how the translation should fit.
- In Key: she enters the corresponding key, here "8.702"
- In Comment: She can enter or not something that may be helpful to other members of the team, or translators, or software engineers...
Click the Add button to add to the list of current corrections. These corrections have not yet been sent to Localyzer. When the review for that locale is at a stage where Lilianne feels she can submit them, she can check all or some of the corrections and then click the Submit button. That's when the corrections are sent to Localyzer.
Checking the status of Post Edits
Navigate to the Post Edits page from the left hand panel by clicking on the PostEdits button:
The status can be:
- Error (a red dot): Localyzer or LocalyzerQA detected an error on that submission. A link will help figure out the type of error and possible remediation.
- Waiting (an orange dot): Localyzer correctly received the submission and has not handled it yet.
- Complete (a green dot): Localyzer finalized the processing of the submission without error.
If you click the repository link, you can see the correction has already been made on locale file.
Completing a Task
When the linguistic review task is complete, the user can mark that task as 'Complete'. To do so, click the 'Complete' button when no more corrections are pending from the Task: