- 1 Introduction
- 2 Adding the GitHub Localyzer Express Application
- 3 Configuring the Automated Translation for one Repository
- 4 Translation Configuration Templates
- 5 License
- 6 Localyzer Express Release Notes
Localyzer Express is a GitHub application which allows for a near immediate translation of standard application resource files.
Resource files are used by internationalized applications to display user facing strings (such as user interface labels) in different locales (languages, country, variant). As an example, messages.properties, an English resource file, can be translated in French and Japanese, respectively messages_fr.properties and messages_ja.properties.
To use Localyzer Express:
- Install the Localyzer Express GitHub application for an organization and choose the respositories (or all) that you would like translated
- Configure each repository, choosing source and target locales, resource type, file naming conventions, repository branches to include and/or exclude, and resource directories to include and/or exclude.
Localyzer Express will then automatically machine translate target resource files as modifications to source resource files are committed to the repository.
Localyzer Express is a GitHub specific and streamlined version of the more fully fledged Localyzer.
Note: LocalyzerQA allows for post editing in a QA fashion translation from Localyzer Express
Supported Resource Files
The following resource file types are supported by Localyzer Express, provided they follow the standards:
- properties files
- resx files
- json files (no arrays allowed)
- Android strings.xml files
- iOS .strings files
Contact email@example.com for support of non standard and other file types, and other translation processes.
Adding the GitHub Localyzer Express Application
This should take a few minutes at most.
- Go to https://github.com/marketplace/localyzer-express
- Install the application
- Select which repositories to include (or select all repositories)
The next section details how to use the Localyzer Express configuration application.
Configuring the Automated Translation for one Repository
- Localyzer Express Repository Configuration
- Localyzer Express Repository Validation
- Localyzer Express Repository Translation
Translation Configuration Templates
Templates are saved configurations that can be reused when configuring repositories.
Localyzer Express Release Notes
Localyzer Express 1.3.0 - May 2022
- Introduced Applications: An application is a set of repository/branches and is used by
LocalyzerQAwhen performing corrections.
Localyzer Express 1.2.0 - December 2021
- When configuring your custom Machine Translation Engine, you can now choose to update terminologies/glossaries/dictionaries when LocalyzerQA post edits are processed.
- Allows an email recipient to be configured to receive notification of machine translation issues.
Localyzer Express 1.1.0 - July 2021
- Multiple Machine Translation Engines: Localyzer Express now supports four Machine Translation Engines:
- AWS Translate
- Google Translate
- Microsoft Translator
When configuring your Localyzer Express plan, you may choose the type of machine translation engine. Use either Lingoport credentials or your custom credentials.
The default is to use AWS with Lingoport credentials.
Localyzer Express 1.0.0 - March 2021
- Initial Release