Globalyzer Workbench for i18n Specialists
The Globalyzer Workbench is power application for i18n specialists. It allows users to create Globalyzer projects, test out rule setscans and tune them. Finally, users can analyze the resulting candidate issues by going to the line in the source which may be modified. Embedded strings can be externalized en mass to resources files.
- Get the code from a source code repository,
- Create a Globalyzer project from within the Globalyzer Workbench connected to a Globalyzer Server
- Manage the candidate issues
- Tune the rule sets
- Refactor the code
- Push that code to the repository.
When the rule sets are deemed acceptable, the Workbench user may save the Globalyzer project configuration by exporting it to a file,
project.gproj. They may then push the
project.gproj to the repository for use by other Workbench users and/or a continuous globalization system.
- The Globalyzer Server (Server system) is hosted by Lingoport. If the Globalyzer Server is on site, the customer will have to provide a Linux system and install the Globalyzer Server software.
- The Developer Machine (I18n specialist desktop) is used by an internationalization specialist who will use the Globalyzer clients (probably Workbench and Globalyzer Lite) to analyze code.
- Although not shown in the picture, the Dashboard System could be installed on a Linux system to illustrate progress with issues.