LingoBot Slack Setup
This portion of the installation guide only applies if the collaboration environment you will be using is Slack. If you will be using either Flowdock or Cisco Spark, please skip to the corresponding setup instructions.
- Navigate to the Slack Custom Bot Creation page, and log in as an account that is a part of your company's Slack organization.
- In the new bot username field, enter the name that you would like LingoBot to respond to.
- By default, we recommend simply calling it "lingobot", however you're welcome to name it whatever you would like.
- If you do choose to call it something other than "lingobot", make sure that you set the LINGOBOT_NAME variable in the configuration file to whatever name you chose.
- Once you have decided on a name, click "Add Bot Integration" to continue to the next page.
- On this page, you can set a custom icon for the bot under the "Customize Icon" section. You can download the following icon and upload it, upload your own custom icon, or simply leave it blank.
- Once this is done, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Integration"
- Finally, copy the API Token that is provided near the top of the page and paste it into the LingoBot configuration file (/var/lib/jenkins/lingoport/lingobot-<x.y>/config/lingobot_config.sh) next to the HUBOT_SLACK_TOKEN variable declaration.
Furthermore, make sure the LINGOBOT_ADAPTER variable is set to slack.
Once this is complete, the bot is now configured and ready to be installed! Follow the instructions below on running the installation script to finish the installation process.
Skip to the next step: Running The Installation Script