Lingoport InContext Plugin for Trados Studio
This SDL Trados Studio plugin allows translators to see the application context of the text they are translating. The application must have already gone through Lingoport's InContext Translation process, which consists of instrumenting resource files, capturing the context, and storing the context on an InContext Server.
Installing the Plugin
- Install SDL Trados Studio: https://www.sdltrados.com/products/trados-studio/free-trial.html
- Exit SDL Trados Studio if it is currently running.
- Download the Sdl.LingoportInContext.Plugin.sdlplugin from the app store: https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/lingoport-incontext/1027/
- After downloading, click on the downloaded plugin file and follow the install instructions.
- Launch SDL Trados Studio.
- Verify plugin is there by clicking the Add-Ins tab at the top, then Plug-ins. Verify that Lingoport InContext is in the list and checked.
Accessing the Context
- In SDL Trados Studio, select File->Open->Translate Single Document and browse to an instrumented resource file.
- OK the Translation Memory and Document Settings popup.
- Click on an entry to translate.
- If the entry has an associated context, the entry will appear, highlighted, in the Lingoport InContext pane.
- If the entry does not have an associated context, a message will appear in the Lingoport InContext pane saying no context found.
For example, in the image below, Payments is being translated, and that entry has associated context:
In the image below, Exit Program is being translated, and that entry does not have associated context:
Supported Resource Types
This plugin supports the following resource types:
Uninstalling the Plugin
- Exit SDL Trados Studio if currently running.
- Run the program: C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL plugin installer\Sdl.Community.SdlPluginInstaller.exe
- Click the Uninstall button associated with the Lingoport InContext Plugin.